Help With Buying a House

The Association can provide support to home owners who are experiencing financial difficulties and the possible repossession of their home. We may be able to assist an owner or a sharing owner to do this through purchase of the property, which would then be available for rent on a Scottish Secure Tenancy.

We can also provide assistance for our sharing owners seeking to increase their stake in their home. We can do this by selling on our own share or a part of our share in the property, at current market valuation.

The funding we have available for house purchase is restricted and can depend on financial support from the Scottish Government, for example through the ‘Mortgage to Rent’ scheme. We would only consider purchases in areas where we have other housing. For further information about the help we can provide please contact us.