We aim to charge rents which are affordable for tenants. Rents cover the cost of:
- managing and maintaining your homes
- repaying any mortgages or loans owing
- setting aside money for repairs that will be needed in the future
It is our aim that all our rental charges will be below the thresholds for affordability set by the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations.
Changes to Rent Setting
We recently carried out a review of our Rent Setting Policy, and the revised polciy was approved by our Board in October 2020. The new policy means that the rent we charge for our properties will be based on the following elements:
- type of property
- size of property
- energy efficiency of property (which will impact on the expected energy costs)
- whether the property benefits from an additional room (eg utility room, extra bathroom)
- whether the home benefits from access to communal wifi
Please read our Rent Policy for more information.
Our average monthly rents as per property size are as follows:
- 1 bedroom - £358
- 2 bedroom - £373
- 3 bedroom - £394
- 4 bedroom - £402
Please note the rent you pay may differ from the above depending on the specific elements of your property.
The above applies to those who have a Scottish Secure Tenancy. A small number of our tenants are former secure tenants and their rents are set every three years by the Rent Officer.