Transferring Your Tenancy – Assignations & Subletting

If you are giving up your tenancy and moving away, but you would like someone else in your household to stay on in the house then you can apply to assign your tenancy to them. You must always ask our permission to do this.

The assigned person must be at least 16 years old and must have been living there with you for a minimum of 12 months. Other conditions must also be met.

For more information about our policy in transferring tenancies contact your Housing Officer. We would also consider a request to sublet your home for a short period, if you had to move away for a while. Please contact your Housing Officer to find out more about this.